Customer Rewards Program
Loyalty programs are long-term, customizable promotions that businesses launch to stimulate their clients’ return for more purchases. They are not linked with day-to-day discount offers as loyalty programs are personalized and provided to each customer individually. Members of such promotions enjoy bonuses and discounts designed specifically for them. The main goal of launching such promotions is making the clients return and spend more funds on purchasing from a particular company. And the list of entities is not limited to grocery stores or supermarkets. The list of industries where loyalty programs are used includes:
- Retail, B2C sales;
- Online shopping;
- Fitness and sports;
- Transportation, such as airlines, trains, and cruises;
- Financial institutions, banks, online payment platforms;
- Fuel retail;
- Hospitality industry.
How to Launch a Successful Reward Program?Creating a well-thought-out loyalty program requires careful preparation and data analysis. However, it is certainly worth efforts since making a customer return once they have purchased from a company is six times cheaper than gaining a new client. Attaining frequent buyers is the best way of cutting advertising expenses. To design a proper loyalty program, a company must be aware of its target audience, define proper rewards for returning customers, and choose a suitable name for the whole operation. A loud and unique name would be easy to remember, making the promotion noticeable for a wider audience. While the means of creating the best loyalty program vary from one company to another, there are some widespread practices utilized frequently. They include:
- Designing a simple point system to mark a customer’s progress. Awarding frequent buyers with points that they can spend on future purchases is the basis of any loyalty program. This system works best with inexpensive daily shopping, particularly in grocery stores and supermarkets.
- Dividing customers into loyalty tiers depending on how much they spend with the company. While initial rewards, in this case, are relatively low, the added value of every single purchase increases the final amount of bonus funds that the customer receives. Qualification for each tier requires spending an established sum and provides respective rewards. This method is best suited for the travel industry and financial institutions.
- Distinctive reward programs help increase consumer return rates and boost sales. Stores are not obliged to provide discounts for their products. They can motivate customers to spend more by offering tickets to different events, subscriptions to services, or travel options. Besides, studies have shown that people are more likely to spend money with socially responsible companies. Donating food or cash for charity is a decent way of attracting more returning customers.
- Businesses can join efforts to promote each other’s sales. Combined discounts show consumers that their needs are considered and valued.
Loyalty Programs’ Advantages for CompaniesBusinesses that launch such promotions are able to spend less on advertising and concentrate their efforts on improving other areas of their activities. The price of bonuses is negligibly small for organizations since the former are based entirely on promises for the future. The company doesn’t have to spend anything right away, which allows it to raise sales significantly at a low price. While members of loyalty programs are likely to spend more with the company, they are also prone to abandoning its competitors in favor of an entity that provides valuable bonuses. According to the studies, clients engaged in loyalty programs are spending up to 18% more than non-members. These statistics lead to a further assumption that investing in promotions for frequent buyers increases sales in the long term. On the other hand, losing a client once means cutting a valuable funds resource forever.
How Can Clients Benefit from These Schemes?From the clients’ perspective, loyalty programs are signalizing that the company recognizes their needs and values each consumer. This feature helps enhance reliability and build up trust, which allows buyers to feel protected when purchasing from a certain organization. Clients know that their rights are protected, and the price they pay for goods and services is fair. Direct benefits from loyalty programs include saving money on purchasing from the company. Everyone likes paying less for goods that would normally cost more. Satisfied customers are also more likely to buy additional products or services.
Technologies Involved into Designing Reward ProgramsProper design and implementation of such promotions require thorough data analysis and detailed planning at every step. Inexperienced organizations would need professional help to launch a successful reward program. That’s why it is recommended to contact mLoyalty for assistance in such projects. The company concentrates its efforts on building and supporting loyalty management platforms for businesses of any scale. Its areas of proficiency include designing customizable solutions, integrating them into business environments, and providing long-term support after launch.
Get a personal demo
This is only a small part of the functions available in CRM
We will conduct a detailed presentation of our solution, after which we will send the Demo accesses for study.